Wednesday, February 27, 2008

"friends how many of us have them"


Whassup party people,

This was a crazy week for me. I actually got into a fight with someone who used to be one of my best friends, and it just had me thinking about what a friend truly is.

Looking back into our friendship before the beefing started last year, I am noticing that a friendship has a lot of the same qualities as a relationship. Selfishness with no compromise can destroy a friendship, as can lack of communication. A lot of times in this friendship I had issues with some of the things he was doing to others. It was a bit selfish. There was no respect for my views or limits, and I didn't trust him. He was a good friend on a lot of terms but ultimately he had no limitations and didn't respect the boundaries that most friends should have.

For instance, there are rules to friendship. If you are friends with a person, their ex should be off limits, secrets should be kept, and, where I went wrong is, communication should be constant. A lot of things I had issues with, I kept bottled up to avoid conflict. The problem with this is emotions often build up when not released and when it eventually is released, in my case usually from a couple of rounds of Bacardi light, it gets real ugly. Myself, and my former friend haven't been talking for a little less than a year, but in the pass few months we were able to at least say "hi" when we crossed paths and that was cool because when we would see each other in say the club or the gym it wouldn't be awkward. I am not petty, and it felt like the bigger thing to do other than ice grilling each other like we were in highschool.

Anyway, I guess he felt like he ate his Wheaties Sunday night. We ran into each other in a club I said my normal hi and he tried to play me in front of everybody so I punched him in his mouth. After that it was pretty much all him, but I felt good with the punches I got because ultimately I had watched him diss people while we were friends. I always wondered if he would try that with me, and I told myself that if he did he would be sorry.

The moral of all this, and the reason why I am putting this into the universe is to let you my readers know to trust your instincts. If it slithers like a snake, and hisses like snake, it is probably a snake. Always communicate your feelings, and if they have broken the cardinal rules of friendship with someone else in their past, its a good chance they will do it to you too. Peep the signs people, and cut your loses.

And if you ever do run into a situation where they try to play you out in public, always punch them first directly in the either mouth or eye, and make sure you do it in front of a lot of people.

LOL LMAO

That way, even if they do whip your ass, they still got that black eye or busted up lip to help them reflect on their wrong doings.

HOLLA

TAZ

No comments: