Tuesday, December 2, 2008

My World's Aids Day Experince 2008


So I had a friend pass away yesterday, December 1st, which of course was World's Aids Day, and it got me thinking, reflecting and noticing things.

I can honestly say, I have lived a very self destructive life for years now drunk driving, getting robbed, fighting, getting jumped, getting shot at, partying, and basically just totally fucking up. Why am I still here? What is it about me makes God continue to keep me around?

My friend who passed away was only 26. He was the bread winner of his home, and had been since he was in high schoool. He took care of his mother, and was a dad to his younger siblings on down to buying them their school clothes, chasing them up and down when they wanted to hustle in the streets, and keeping food in their mouths.

He was doing something good for others, but would be the one passing on at just 26.

I saw him in Miami a in 2007, and once again in Baltimore this year, but he had moved to the Midwest to handle business. Now I am thinking he wanted us to remember him how he was which is why I won't be attending his funeral.

Instead, what I will be doing is going back to our yearly party zone of Miami, the place where we had the most fun acting like daredevils on South beach, to celebrate him where he was most happy. I am dedicating my life to AIDS awareness and prevention, as well as the prevention of other diseases, and I am leaving my self destructive path behind me.

Rest In Peace...Blackass

TAZ

Check out our song "Pass It On" on our myspace page, www.myspace.com/theunstoppablenuklehidz ,
and throw one back for my homeboy Blackass!!

No comments: