Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Refelctions on the Baltimore Club Queen




I got the tragic news on my way back from North Carolina yesterday. The text message read "K-Swift died". As I got closer to home, that home being Baltimore, MD, I cut on the local stations and they were playing B'more club music non-stop. I began reflecting on how myself and so many others basically grew up with K-Swift. Not that we hung out or were close friends or anything but between age and music. K-Swift basically took a dying artform, that artform being Baltimore club music, and breathed new life into it for a new generation. The music she made and loved crossed all over the country and overseas as well. She even was planning a European tour to further expand the raw energy that B'more club music brings. You could tell by listening to her on the radio or seeing her DJ any event that she loved what she did for a living. And really that's what life is all about. Loving what you do. And that she did. I was pleased to know that my job did the above graphic that was displayed at her vigil last night. Made me feel good to know that in some way I involved in giving people something to remember her by. I guess in closing we all tend to forget that tomorrow isn't promised and death is the ONLY promise. Living everyday to the fullest is what we all should strive to do...that's what K-Swift did. Rest in Peace Club Queen.



Krizz

No comments: