Tuesday, January 29, 2008

On A Personal Note...BET's Love Affair With Shit Movies


So BET has been playing these "Blackbuster" movies for sometime now and it has come to my attention that they are not going to stop doing this. Personally I've seen many good "black" movies. Glory, Juice, Boyz-N-The-Hood, Hurricane, What's Love Got To Do With It etc. Outside of Juice, BET manages to not show any of our great movies. Instead they prefer to show shit like Baby Boy and Bossin' Up. I love Snoop. I think he's a Hip-Hop legend and a cool muthafucka. Bossin' Up went straight to video. Baby Boy got five thumbs down and made a total of 97 dollars at the box office. Every movie they show is fuckin terrible. The other day I was smokin (not cigarettes) and I came across a "blackbuster" movie. Motives I think it was called. It had Shemar Moore, the skinny bitch from Girlfriends and some anonymous dude. I watched this shit for a total of five to seven minutes and my high was completely blown! And this was some good ass weed too. Police blow your high, Baby mama drama blows your high, cell phone bills blow your high, your job blows your high. A movie is NOT supposed to blow your high! I emailed BET about why they continue to show shit movies and they responded by saying "The overall reaction to their Blackbuster movies is overwhelmingly positive and the ratings prove that"... :( Being as though I know that niggaz lie I did some research of my own.) Apparently they were right. The ratings do prove that. What they neglected to tell me was that most of the ratings were coming from Special Care facilities, or as I call them, Retard Houses. wow. I guess they'll take it anyway they can get it. That about it. Til next time...
Krizz

No comments: